Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, January 4, 2009

So, we've been at home...

I think this is the third or fourth week we've been at home. I've lost track, honestly. When the 40 year snow hit, it hit pretty hard where we live, and it seems as if there was snow for almost 2 weeks here...ya, there were a couple days where it semi-cleared up.

About two weeks ago I really started getting cabin fever, but the holidays were upon us and we were able to do fun things in the house.

After Christmas, and after the snow started to melt, Chloe and I ventured up to Portland one day for a hair cut and some shopping therapy. (Note, I've decided to call shopping therapy now, because that's what it feels like to me :).

Then after I was getting use to the idea of leaving the house for some fun things (like spending Christmas gift cards, going out to eat, etc) I came down with an awful cold. I was at home for 5 days, until I went into work last Friday (first time in like 3 weeks I went to work, I had scheduled holiday vacation off). Friday I did manage to get some "therapy" time in.

Then one of our cars broke down. Mechanics are not open on the weekends. So, Eric and I are down to one car. The one car we have, decides that the heater doesn't want to work anymore. Did I mention it hasn't been above 32 degrees today? So, Eric took the non-heated working car to work. When it rains it pours, this is Oregon after all :P

Anyway, Tyler came down with a very bad cold last night, to top it all off. Ha! So, here we are at home again, just chilling out. I've never spent so much time at home since we've lived in this house....and it's not like we can really go outside or for a bike ride. Ho hum. I wonder why things like this throw such a wrench into life? Normally, I can just go with the flow of things, but the last few weeks have been somewhat of a challenge to even get out of the house, whew!

Tomorrow is suppose to be back to school for the kids. Tyler really wants to go. He might be spending another day at home with Mom so he can rest and get better. Although, for some reason when he's sick, rest is not on his mind. Hmmmm. He is suppose to be taking a nap as I type this, and I can hear him in his room playing, "Ninja Warrior."

I suppose I'm just kind of blabbing about all this jazz....because....well, there's nothing else new or exciting to write about :)

Gosh, Hawaii sure sounds nice right now. Actually, retail therapy in Hawaii sounds even better. Wanna go with me?


P.S. I just looked outside and it's snowing. LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 comments:

Danielle said...

yay! i didn't know you guys had a blog...how fun!