Sunday, December 28, 2008
Posted by Jennymae at 8:16 PM
Saturday, December 27, 2008
Posted by Jennymae at 8:13 PM
Friday, December 26, 2008
Wednesday was Christmas Eve. Eric's family joined us for our Traditional dinner and present exchange. Our friend Steve was also able to join us, as he does every year. We had a fabulous evening. Everyone was able to make it, even with the snow and ice - what troopers! Below is a picture of our tree before the present madness began!
For our evening entertainment, Chloe payed us Jingle Bells on her violin & Tyler sang us some Christmas songs. Once I figure out the video feed, I will post the video.
The joke of the evening was that almost everyones presents were wrapped in Aeropostale boxes. Hey, they were giving them away, and I couldn't refuse!
Chloe was super excited to get a book she had been waiting for. It actually wasn't suppose to be released until 12.26. You have to love Amazon, somehow, it was on the doorstep on 12.24. Yahoo!
A picture with my sister-in-laws. Left to right: Krista, Megan and me!
A picture just before bed on Christmas Eve with the adult troops who stayed the night!
Then, Christmas morning hit - Tyler was BEYOND excited!
Opening presents was so much fun. It was really great to see how excited Tyler was about Christmas!
Aunt Krista opening a gift
Posted by Jennymae at 10:23 PM
Thursday, December 25, 2008
Friday, December 19, 2008
Posted by Jennymae at 10:28 AM
I saw this on my sister in law Megan's blog and thought I'd give it a try. Something fun to do this morning :)
These are a list of question that you must answer w/ one word answers.It's harder than it sounds, trust me!
1. Where is your cell phone? Pocket
2. Where is your significant other? Kitchen
3. Your hair color? Multi
4. Your mother? Integrity
5. Your Father? Strength
6. Your favorite thing? Family
7. Your dream last night? Christmas
8. Your dream/goal? Wellness
9. The room you're in? Kitchen
10. Your hobby? Cooking
11. Your fear? Suffocating
12. Where do you want to be in 6 years? Content
13. Where were you last night? Home
14. What you're not? Lazy
15. One of your wish list items? Hawaii
16. Where you grew up? Oregon
17. The last thing you did? Showered
18. What are you wearing? Clothes
19. Your TV? Off
20. Your pet? Mouthy
21. Your computer? Lifeline
22. Your mood? Blah
23. Missing someone? Nope
24. Your car? Frozen
25. Something your not wearing? Shoes
26. Favorite store? Target
27. Your summer? Warm
28. Love someone? Yes
29. Your favorite color? Pink
30. Last time you laughed? Yesterday
31. Last time you cried? Friday
Posted by Jennymae at 10:12 AM
Tuesday, December 16, 2008
Monday, December 15, 2008
Sunday, December 14, 2008
Once in a while a good snow comes along here in the Willamette Valley...and today was that day!Tyler played in the first snow wave this morning. I'd say we have a good inch to inch and a half on our back deck right now. I have a feeling tomorrow school will be cancelled!
Posted by Jennymae at 5:34 PM
Saturday, December 13, 2008
Posted by Jennymae at 4:01 PM
Posted by Jennymae at 3:54 PM
Tuesday, December 9, 2008
Last night I had a dream about a restaurant called Fryer Tucks....which got me thinking what ever happened to that place? Lets rewind about 24 years back.
When we were growing up, the 4th of July was a BIG occasion. Every year we'd get together with my Mom's side of the family (there were oodles of us) and celebrate. We had the usual-fried chicken, potato salad, homemade pies, etc. Some years we'd celebrate at Grandma's house. I remember going to Washington park one year, Silver Creek Falls another and countless trips to the beach. I always remember having the best time - even the year our cousins friend brought an illegal firework to Silver Creek Falls and let it off.
Many, many good memories.
As are many holiday gatherings, the main focus was really about the food. Every year we'd get a bucket of KFC. Only people didn't call it KFC then, it was called "The Colonel's." It was the one thing that everyone in my family really liked. (OK, no wonder I'm a vegetarian today). But it was tradition and we had come to expect it every year.
Well, one year my Mom told us we'd be getting Fryer Tucks chicken. We all threw a fit to no end. (Sorry about that Mom). Anyway, I guess Fryer Tucks was the "in" chicken that year. I remember driving to Beaverton, yes, Beaverton to go and pick it up. I remember my Dad saying under his breath "this better be really good chicken." Well, as the story goes, the chicken was gross. I think the adults said they liked it, but us kids - we wanted nothing to do with that chicken. There were probably like 11 kids (all cousins) I'm guessing. We still had a fun 4th of July, but it will forever be remembered as the year we had "Fryer Tucks." To this day, we have never let my Mom live it down.
Today I looked up Fryer Tucks and it is still in Portland. I nearly fell out of my chair. I had to immediately email my brothers the link. http://www.fryertuckchicken.com/. My brother Brett responded with a simple phrase "LOL-AND HARD!" That's it.
Yes, the year we had Fryer Tucks chicken will forever be remembered...and who knows maybe they really do have good chicken? Their website says they have been in business for 40 years. Hard to imagine they would still be around if they didn't have good chicken.
I think the reason I dreamed about Fryer Tucks last night, is because, in my family, every year for Christmas Eve dinner I make a pot roast. I've been toying with idea of making something new this year - A standing rib roast. A friend of mine at work swears by them, and after reading the directions, it actually seemed much easier than a pot roast. My only hang up is that every year I always make the pot roast. Just like my family growing up and the year of Fryer Tucks, I'm wondering about breaking with tradition this year.
Who knows, in years to come, maybe my kids will look back on this as "the year of the Rib Roast."
Posted by Jennymae at 12:42 PM
Monday, December 8, 2008
This is too fun not to do!
1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? A little of both. I like that bags are easy, but I love to watch people unwrap presents, especially the kids.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Real. No toilet brush Christmas Tree here!
3. When do you put up the tree? Right after my birthday :)
4. When do you take the tree down? Always the day after Christmas.
5. Do you like eggnog? It is one of my absolute favorites!
6. Favorite gift received as a child? Easy Bake Oven
7. Hardest person to buy for? My Dad and Grandma Mabel are tied for first place.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Chloe
9. Do you have a nativity scene? Of Course.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Mail, and they are coming :) Hope to finish them up this week/weekend.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Mr. Hankey, the Christmas poo. (He was a White Elephant gift) I say that, but 10 years later he is still in our Christmas "stuff" and the kids always want to get him out and play with him. I swear I've gotten rid of him every year. Wonder how he keeps coming back. Hmmm.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Elf and A Christmas Story.
13. When do you start shopping? In October - just like my Sister-in-law Megan :)
14.Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? Nope.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? My Mom's rolls
16. Lights on the tree? Of course, white ones.
17. Favorite Christmas song? A very Harry Christmas, can't beat it!
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Both. On the 24th we celebrate with Eric's family - and then on the 25th we head to my parents house.
19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Oh you know Dasher and Dancer and Prancer and Vixen, Comet and Cupid and Donner and Blitzen - but do you recall, the most famous reindeer of all? Rudolph :) Ya, I can name them.
20. Angel on the tree top or a star? More of a star gal.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Both!
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? The rude people out shopping. They drive me bonkers!!! Which is why I try to get done early, and what I don't get done early, I try to finish up online to avoid the stores.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? This year we have a mostly red and bright green tree and I like it because it's a kid friendly tree - no broken ornaments, yahoo!
24. Favorite Christmas drink? Eggnog. It really is one of my favorites :D
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? To be with my family and friends. I'd take a new car too :D
Posted by Jennymae at 10:07 PM
By the time we ended up getting started on the tree, it was almost an hour past Tyler's bedtime. So, he was a little wound up, shall we say. Eric took this picture of Tyler making a goofy face and it just cracked me up - I've never seen him make such an awkward face.
Aunt Krista, Chloe, Tyler and I put most of the ornaments and garland on. Eric did the lights and the tree topper star. The kids put on their Christmas pj's for the occasion & we listened to Christmas music throughout the event.
Posted by Jennymae at 5:44 PM
Tuesday, December 2, 2008
Friday, November 28, 2008
Posted by Jennymae at 5:51 PM