Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, January 12, 2009

Baby Tag!

I saw this on my sister-in-law Danielle's blog and figured I'd give it a whirl...

1.Where were you when you first found out that you were pregnant? At work.

2.Who was with you? I was by myself.

3.How did you find out that you were pregnant? Standard pregnancy test.

4.What was your first reaction to finding out you were pregnant? Complete and total shock. I doubted the test results.

5.Who was the first person you told? I asked a lady I worked with (who had children) if pregnancy test were pretty accurate. She laughed and told me "yes, you must be pregnant!" So I suppose she was actually the first.

6.Did you plan to get pregnant? Tyler was a welcomed surprise :)

7.Did you tell everyone else right away? We told a couple friends who we saw very often...a few of our friends figured it out...we told our families when I was about 2 months along.
8.Was everybody happy for you? Oh ya. There were many tears of joy shed.

9.Did you go out and celebrate? Eric and I were in complete shock for the first few days. We did then go out and celebrate (it was my birthday). We went to J. James restaurant in Salem. I remember he gave me a gift of painting supplies - so we could make a nursery. It was very sweet. Did I mention that we just got Tyler's room painted last January, lol!

10.Did you want to find out the sex? Absolutely!

11.What was the sex? One bouncing, wiggly, baby boy.

12.Did anyone throw you a baby shower? My Sister in law Krista threw Eric and I couples shower which was totally awesome!!!! My Cousin Melissa also threw me a baby shower, but unfortunately, it was cancelled.

13.Did you get any outfits at the baby shower that you just knew that you wouldn't put on your baby? Nope, I liked them all. Good friends with good taste :)

14.How much weight did you gain? Quite embarrassed to say, but 50 lbs. Altho, I'm pretty sure it was much more than that - because they never officially weighed me in when I arrived at the hospital.

15.Did you lose all of the weight that you gained? It took me about 2 years and a lot of hard work, but I dropped it. The body just isn't the same as it use to be though.

16.Did you get any stretch marks? Not a single one (so lucky).

17.What did you crave the most? Milkshakes - which is probably why I gained 50+ lbs.

18.Did you crave anything crazy? Not that I can think of. I do remember eating more fruits and veggies than usual - and I ate a lot of them already... I guess some people would say that was a crazy craving.

19.Who or what got on your nerves? Random strangers who wanted to touch my stomach. I just thought it was so odd!

20.Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Good pregnancy, worst thing was heartburn. Delivery was a different story.

21.Where and when did you go into labor? After being 13 days overdue and practically begging my OB to induce me (he wanted me to go a little longer) , I was FINALLY induced.

22.Did your water break? That was how I was induced...thank goodness it happened in the hospital!

23.Who drove you to the hospital? Eric.

24.Who was in the room when you gave birth? Eric, a nurse and the Doc.

25.Did you go early or late? Did I mention the 13 days, 14 by the time Tyler was born.

26.How long were in labor for? Around 12 hours or so.

27.Did you have any drugs for the pain? Thank goodness, yes. Hello epidural :D
28.Did you go natural or have a C-section? Natural - altho-there didn't seem anything natural about it.

29.What was your first reaction after giving birth? No girl is ever going to be good enough for Tyler...and I was also so glad to get him out.

30.How big was the baby? 8 lbs 1 oz, 19 1/2 inches long.

31.Did your husband cry? I don't think so. 3 weeks later we were both crying from exhaustion though :)

32.What did you name the baby? Tyler James

33.Does his name have any significant meaning? We both liked Tyler, and I wanted a boys name that ended in er, to go with the flow of Gallinger (ending in er). I know, it's crazy. James for the middle name was easy - it's a family name on both sides of our family. It's also Eric's middle name.

34.Did you have any visitors? Many friends and family were in the lobby/waiting room patiently waiting for Tyler to be born. They all came to greet him shorty after he was born. We were in the hospital for 4 days, and had a constant flow of visitors, it was great!

35.Did the baby have any complications? He didn't. It took him a while to learn how to eat though, which was a challenging time for all of us.

36.How old is your baby today? 4 years and 5 months.

37.When is the next one coming? No more thank you, we have permanently taken care of that.

38.If you could, would you do it all over again? Yes, but I'd do a few things differently :)

1 comments:

Danielle said...

oh yay! it was fun to hear about your pregnancy with tyler! i can't believe they let you go that far past your due date though!!! You have patience Jenny! I would've superglued my butt to a hospital bed at a week overdue...