Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Friday, January 16, 2009

Only I could do this...

My work days starts pretty early, around 5 am. This morning I was getting ready to go outside and warm up the car before I left for work. Well, I just don't see that well in the dark, no question about it, but I'm not going to turn on all the lights in the house at 6am when my boys are still asleep.

So, back to where I left off...I was leaving to go warm up the car. I walked into the front room and my shin hit the recliner chair that was up - DOH-SON OF A GUN...and then as I'm half cursing under my breath and in pain, somehow, the bottom of my foot (no shoes on) skids across Tyler's Lightening McQueen Mac Truck that was left out the night before and I fall to the ground in pain. I should mention that I landed on all the cars that were waiting to be loaded on Mac. AWE MAN!!! So I wobbled up and got the car started.

I must say, plastic toys can leave some nasty scratches...

I come back in, get my lunch ready, check email, all my morning usuals. So what happens when I get ready to leave? The exact same thing happens again...like it was video taped before and now the audience is requesting an encore performance. This time, I have my purse, my work bag, my water bottle and my lunch bag in tow. Needless to say, it took me a minute and a tear or two to get back up.

Again, those plastic toys can leave marks...blunt scratch marks. Later tonight, I still have marks. Hello neosporin. My shin is bruised.

My day was going pretty smoothly at work , even though I ended up having a bad cold. I was going to blowing my nose at work and someone said my name (standing outside my cubicle) and it scared me half to death. Well, my snot missed the kleenex and landed on my lap. Ohvej!

As I walked in the door tonight, ready to get my weekend started and my week behind me...Eric said, do you have dog poop on your shoes? I said, I don't think so. Needless to say he was right. Yuck!

Anyway, just a day in my life...honestly, things like that happen to me everyday, I just thought I'd document this one cause it sure made me laugh tonight as I reflect on my day...hope if gave you a good laugh too!

2 comments:

Danielle said...

Wow...hopefully tomorrow is better! Thanks for the laughs. And seriously, 5 am? That sounds as painful as all your accidents combined! I am so not a morning person...

Matt said...

As I read all this I just kept nodding my head - all in i normal day for a Young(/Gallinger)