Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, February 22, 2009

The weekend

We had an AWESOME weekend - we literally did nothing :)

This was the first weekend in a very long time where we were all at home, had no where to go and didn't have to be on any kind of schedule. It was so, so, so nice!

Friday I was getting ready to go on my walk and Chloe asked if she could come. I happily said yes! I was super excited that she wanted to get out and get some exercise and thrilled I would have some company. As we started out on our walk, I realized Chloe walks really fast, lol. I asked her if she was trying to walk fast and she said it was just her normal pace....which I'm not completely convinced of (wink, wink). When we returned home from our walk, we found Eric and Tyler washing the cars, yahoo! So good to get all that winter grime and dirt off the cars.

We had our typical Friday night pizza for dinner. Yes, we are a pizza family-we all love it! We had a family date night planned & we watched Madagascar 2. I have to say I was laughing my head off at that movie - it was hillarious. I'd totally recommend watching it if you haven't.

Saturday morning we all slept in until around 8:30 - that was a treat. Tyler woke up with the sniffles unfortunately :( Tyler and I started making breakfast waiting for Eric and Chloe to get up. We made apple buttermilk pancakes and they were so yummy. The kids are total pancake kids. I have to say that I love them also. We make them from scratch and they are delicious.

Once we were done eating, the kids played while we cleaned the kitchen. Then we headed outside to do a little work. We had to take advantage of the sun while it was out. I was able to get the inside of the cars cleaned out - and then go for a big walk, which was so refreshing. Saturday afternoon I took a big nap when Tyler did - and then ran a few errands after nap.

Saturday night we just hung out and watched Ninja Warrior while we ate dinner...we had left overs so I didn't even really have to cook! A night off from cooking is always good :D

Today Tyler is sick with a cold - darn it. Which means I highly doubt he will be going to school tomorrow. So, we are just relaxing at home, watching a little tv, reading lots of books and resting. Nap time is soon and I can't wait. I think it'll be another nap day for me as well. Nap days are the best!

As fun as it is to have plans on the weekend...and to see family and friends, it's nice to slow down every once in a while and enjoy the simple life at home as a family.

1 comments:

Danielle said...

AMEN! lol. Glad you guys have had a relaxing weekend...