Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Ok, it has been a while. I should have written, no excuses really...I have been spending way tooooooo much time on Facebook. It's a time sucker, but a very fun one. I've been able to reconnect with some old friends, and it's been awesome. It makes me realize what a small world this really is.

This morning we woke up to snow. How totally crazy and random. There has been more snow this winter season than I ever remember. I took Tyler outside to play in it, and he was having a blast. It was all melted by about 11am, which was fine with me.

We are all doing really well, no complaints.

I have to be a bragging parent - both of the kids are doing very well in school. Chloe recently finished her first semester at Howard Street, with a 4.0. We are so proud of her! She was able to attend a special breakfast at school honoring the kids who made honor roll. She was very excited & had a great time.

We received fabulous news from Tyler's preschool teacher in a conference....we have been trying to decide whether or not to put Tyler in kindergarten next year. He has a late summer birthday, and he is a boy, and generally those two don't mix well for kindergarten. However, his teacher told us that he is more than ready now - she had some very nice things to say about Tyler and I enjoyed that she volunteered the information. So, after going back and forth, Eric and I have decided to put Tyler in kindergarten next year. Oh the little things you worry about when you have kids!

Eric and I were recently able to have a fun night out by ourselves which was very welcomed. We met up with some friends for dinner and had a fun adult night. I think I had forgotten what it was like to get out of the house without the kids. Many thanks to Jim & Celeste for taking Tyler for the evening.

I think that about catches us up. We are always busy with kids, work and family...like they say on John and Kate plus 8, "it might be a crazy life, but it's our life."

1 comments:

Danielle said...

WAY AWESOME about Chloe and Tyler doing so well in school! We send high-fives their way.

So glad you guys got a night off, it really is just the best when it happens!