Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, March 4, 2008

Reconnecting

I think I am better. I say that liberally though. I'm still coughing and still taking medicine, but I'm up and moving around, almost back to my oldself :) This krud has really taken a toll on our little family. It seems like one of us has been sick since January. Lets hope Spring brings us some warm weather :)

This past weekend I had the opportunity to reconnect with some old friends. How great it was. I realized that it's good to be friends with people who have known you your entire life-and from younger days. They are a good reminder of life past-back when life was much more simple and I was much more young.

I also realized that our parents are getting older. They never seemed old when we were young-you just sort of expect that they will stay the same age and nothing will change. Sadly, some of my friends parents have passed, some are battling illness, and some are just as vibrant and active as ever. I guess that's just how life is - it's a lottery sometimes.

We are still finishing up the house remodel-it's actually starting to come along, which is a great feeling. I'm looking forward to having the house back to normal - whatever that may be. Eric has been working so hard to get it all done - he's amazing.

Tyler is ready for his nightly game of memory - he is so good at that game it's unreal. He has a sharp mind and with my old brain, he easily wins every night. Off to go sharpen my brain tonight.

0 comments: