Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Easter, really?

Easter has come and gone, just like that.

Someone at work told me this is the earliest Easter has come in 90 years. That's just plain crazy. I thought it was early this year. Usually I'm more prepared for Easter, one of my favorite holidays. This year, it was bare minimum at our house. I did manage to get the Easter decorations up, but not much beyond that. I'm feeling a little guilty for not making my frosted Easter Sugar cookies, or the coconut grass cupcakes (Chloe, I know you won't miss those). I just plain old ran out of time. I suppose I should stop beating myself up over it and just be thankful I was able to get the kids baskets done and snap a couple of pictures along the way.

Easter just happened to fall on my Dad's birthday this year. Happy 62nd Dad. We had a nice celebration at my parents house...Everyone was there and it was so great to spend the day with my family. My newest nephew Ethan (he's now 4 months old) was there, and it was so fun to play with him, and so fun to hold a little baby. You forget how small they once were...how thankful I am that there are no more midnight feedings or diapers to be changed...altho-my brother and his wife often comment that they don't know how to keep up with Tyler. I suppose every age has its own advantages.

Totally switching subjects, have you noticed how cold it is outside. Oh my gosh, it has been cold. It was even snowing in West Salem today. No thank you, I'm ready for the warm weather. Can it PLEASE come now? My capri pants are in the closet, ironed, and waiting to be put on...they are of course, on standby...

What else can I update you on? We are the same, just running a million miles an hour, trying to keep up with the kids, the house, work and family. Chloe has decided that she wants to take hip hop dance lessons. How fun. I think I'd like to do that with her. She is on Spring break and has some fun play dates set up with her friends. Last weekend I took her shopping - she's now "big enough" to wear xs teenage clothes, a very big step. So we went to the Streets of Tanasbourne over the weekend and hit Abercrombie & Fitch. She was more than excited. She is growing like crazy. I'm guessing she will be as tall, if not taller than I am within 2 years. Once again, I'm 90% sure I will be the shortest person in my family. Doh!

Tyler is just Tyler...energetic and full of fun. He is really enjoying "reading" books to us now. He also likes to sing songs to us. What a little man. He is still enjoying playing with his toys and his train that Santa bought him. He is riding his bike more and we are hoping that this summer he will fully know how to ride a bike. Time to get moving on that one :P

Ok, it is past my bedtime, so I'd better sign off...

0 comments: