Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Sponge

Tyler is like a sponge. He soaks up everything...even when I don't think he is listening, he does.

Wednesday at school, one of his classmates had a birthday party. At dinner Wednesday night, he was telling us all about the birthday party. The conversation went on...the dialogue went like this.

Tyler: Mom, Laci and her family is going to Chuck E. Cheese's tonight for her birthday!

Mom: Tyler do you know what Chuck E. Cheese's is? (Knowing he has never been).

Tyler: (In a very serious voice). Oh yes Mom, I know what it is. Chuck E. Cheese is a proud sponsor of Playhouse Disney.

That was it, I lost it laughing, and so did Eric.

Tonight we were watching the Blazers get hammered into the ground by the Rockets - but that is another story. A Commercial for Geico came on tv. Tyler started singing "Geico, Geico, Geico." I asked Tyler if he knew what Geico was. Again, in the most serious voice he answered, "Mom Geico can save you 10-15%, that's what is is"

Again, I burst out laughing! This kid hears everything. Guess it's time to start watching our conversation subject matter a bit closer :)

3 comments:

Danielle said...

that's funny. he definitely takes after the young side if he can remember commercials so well!

Jen said...

My Zack does the same thing! He is weird though he gets on the internet and looks for adds of toys he likes:)

Mary said...

Too funny!!! Kids say the greatest things. I really need to keep a pad of paper with me at all times. I try to remember but by the time I am ready to write a blog post I forget. He is just too cute!