Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Port Ludlow Wedding

Last weekend was my friend Signe's wedding. It was held in Port Ludlow, WA. It's basically a small resort town, on a peninsula. It is absolutely beautiful there, a place I would love to retire to someday.

Eric and I were child-free for the entire weekend. First time since Tyler has been born. Thanks to my parents, who took Tyler for 3 days.

The wedding was awesome and I felt so honored to be a bridesmaid in Signe's wedding. Many of my friends I had grown up with (since first grade) were there. It was wonderful to reconnect with them. I almost felt like a kid again.

Eric and I had a great hotel room at the Resort. It was luxurious. I slept in one morning and Eric was able to go golfing - a real treat for him. Awe yes, it was a weekend we both did not want to end.

Of course we missed Tyler, and were very happy to see him on Sunday night. It was really nice to be able to spend some alone time with my hubby - to eat a meal w/out interruptions - to get up when I woke up - you know, those kinds of little things. I think I was feeling a little guilty about leaving Tyler, but one my good friends Mom's reminded me that having a weekend away from your children is sometimes the best thing you can do. It refreshes you and ultimately makes you a better parent. I think she was right :)

As for pictures from the wedding - well, we flaked out. We left our camera in the hotel room for the wedding. However, I have heard via the brides Mom that she is sending me a CD with pictures on it. I will post some as soon as I have them, because all the pictures are awesome (I saw them the day after the wedding).

On Sunday morning Eric and I were able to take a little walk along a rocky beach. We found a totem pole not too far from the resort where we stayed and took a few pictures. It was windy beyond belief, but we did manage to get a couple pictures from adventure. They are posted below.

On a totally separate note, we came home to tons of pouring down rain. When I checked the mail, the Pottery Barn Kids catalog had Halloween things in it. E-gads! Is it Fall already? I guess I'd better start making my Christmas lists!!!!







0 comments: