Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, August 18, 2008

Awe crap, the weekend is over!

I fooled you by the title!

My weekend started out with Tyler being sick. Friday morning Eric told me Tyler had a stomach ache and wasn't feeling well. At first I just figured Tyler had the flu - then mid-morning Eric said he was going to take Tyler to the Dr. Still I was thinking the flu. Eric called me at work around 1pm and said that Tyler was headed in for a full body cat scan. Only then did I realize that something must have really been wrong. Eric is so always so calm, and mellow - he never freaks out (like I do). His ability to remain completely calm in situations is something I both admire, and yet, do not comprehend.

In any event, you should have seen me fly out of work when I knew Tyler was going in for a cat scan. I had no clue what was wrong with him at that point. My brain was coming up with all sorts of illnesses - they were all flipping through my mind like an old news real projector that had run out of movie film.

I called my Mom on the way to the Radiology clinic. Without hesitation, she said she'd be right there - she'd meet me at the clinic. Then I felt a sudden calm - ahhhhhhh, my Mom would be there. No matter how old you are, you still need your Mom. Isn't it funny how at age 35, my Mom can still make me feel like everything is going to be fine.

I met Eric and Tyler at the Radiology clinic. Tyler didn't feel well, and I could tell it had been a long day for Eric. Eric went into the cat scan room with Tyler (since only 1 of us could go in). I heard Tyler cry a few times - it brought tears to my eyes to listen to him. Luckily, my Mom was there to talk to me about new pillows from Pottery Barn. At least I think that's what she was talking to me about - I can't fully remember. But she was getting my mind of what was going on at the time.

Then Tyler and Eric came out of the cat scan room. Now it was waiting time. I'm convinced when you are waiting for test results, time literally stands still. And what is there to do in a Radiology clinic? Luckly, there were some children's books, so it was time to sit down and read with Mr. T.

About a 1/2 hour later, a big female voice came over the speaker in the waiting room. They said, "The parents of Tyler Gallingers, Dr. holding on line 2." I looked at Eric and told him to take the call (he was right by the phone). My husband must have realized that I was about to hit the floor, and shook his head, and then put his fingers up and gave me the a.o.k. sign. Whew - I knew Tyler was going to be ok. Every muscle in my body relaxed and I just fell into a chair.

The Dr. told us it looked like Tyler was basically full of poop. No other polite way to say it. They were concerned he might have an obstruction in his bowels - so we had to give him some medicine at home and wait for Mother Nature. Long story short - I think there's probably enough drama in this post already- things greatly improved the next day.

Tyler is now back to his normal, energetic self.

I'm sure I was suppose to learn something grand from this ordeal. I haven't quite figured out what it is yet, other than I continue to believe that kids will always get sick on a Friday afternoon, or a holiday. I do know that I have a great husband - one who is able to remain calm in rough situations, and one who takes care of his family. He has strengths that I do not, and when it comes to the his family, he does not hesitate in their care.

On a much lighter note, Eric and I were still able to squeeze some fun time in over the weekend - but all in all, I'm glad it's back to a normal week for us!!!! I think I'm done with the crappy times for now.

0 comments: