Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, July 27, 2008

The Ultimate Fight

Cancer.

No one likes to hear that word. Chances are you know someone that has had cancer, or that currently has it. There's even a chance it's someone in your family, or a close friend. I have heard over the past few years of way too many people I care about, who have the C word.

Cancer is unforgiving. It takes everything out of a person. If they choose treatment, the treatment often times can be worse than the cancer itself. If you choose not to have treatment, you will start to hear words like "end stage 4." Never what you want to hear.

Cancer does not tire, it does not give up, it does not need rest and takes it's energy from it's host.

I've decided that I hate cancer. I know, it's a strong word, and not one to be used lightly, but I'm tired of cancer.

I'm tired of what it does to strong people who fight it, who loose the struggle, and ultimately give in to it's relentless domination to win.

I'm tired of what it does to the loved ones who help care for those trying to fight the terrible disease.

I'm tired of watching people I know and love suffer because of it.

I'm tired of the heartache it brings to families that are torn apart because of it.

I'm tired of the sorrow and tears it continues to bring to my life and the life of my family.

Until a cure is found, may we embrace the life we have and enjoy our loved ones. May the number of cancer survivors increase daily, and may the ones who loose the battle, know they have fought the ultimate fight.

0 comments: