Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Catch up, not to be confused with ketsup

I wish I had something super exciting to write about, but life has been keeping at a constant steady-busy-same-old-nothing new-everyday pace. My Mom told me tonight sometimes the boring same old weeks are the best weeks. I'm thinking that is something I'm going to have be to older and much wiser to understand. I'm just not quite there yet on that one, but I trust what she says :)

We took on the BIG, and I capitalize the word BIG because it was HUGE PROJECT of cleaning out our garage. Yes, if you have ever been to our house, you have probably seen the black hole that is our garage. College books, tools, crafts, household items, furniture, jogging strollers, old car seats, old bikes, gym equipment, sports equipment, many empty boxes, kitchen items that don't get used all that often (did I mention I have a crock pot that is just for the Christmas Pot roast?), yes, the list goes on and on and on.

It all started 2 weeks ago. Eric and I spent about 15 combined hours just getting things ready for our garage sale. I lost track of how much time we spent last week and Friday getting ready...Yes, oh yes, we had a garage sale yesterday. Let me just say that was quite the experience. I'd have another one, but not for a long time. We were able to get rid of a lot of things, and made a few bucks along the way, which was nice. The very best part was that after the garage sale was over we were able to donate everything that didn't sale to Goodwill. I now have almost enough room in the garage to park a car, which seems so dreamy. Just a few things to go up into the attic and one more Goodwill run for the larger furniture items. Ahhhh, it's one of the few winter things I'm looking forward to, parking my car in the garage..no more getting wet while getting in and out of the car.

I'm really looking forward to this weekend. It's a girls weekend with some of my very dear friends, and it's long overdue. Being able to have some time with my girls is just what I need right now. Eating, shopping, dancing and girl talk. What more can you ask for with girlfriends?

The kids are both busy with school. Chloe is enjoying Howard Street. She keeps mentioning how much she likes drama class, which is funny to me, because Chloe is such a calm and mellow mannered kid - but she is really enjoying the dramatic acting. Who would have known that was in Chloe? The kids constantly amaze me.

Tyler is in second year preschool and things seem to be going fairly smooth at school - at least I haven't heard any differently. Tyler is so into writing his name right now - he writes it everywhere. He opened up a new tablet of paper this morning and instantly wrote his name on the inside cover. He cracks me up. I didn't laugh so hard when I came out of the bathroom and he had gotten into the peanut butter and started to write his name on the kitchen wall. He only made it as far a T. I should have taken a picture, but didn't think about it at the time. Like I said, the above, the kids constantly amaze me.

Eric and I don't seem to have much time together, but I suppose that once the kids are raised we'll have all the time we need, so until then, we are just trying to make it through this crazy life!

Speaking of, I can hear Tyler in the bathtub - he said he's going surfing and I can hear water splashing out of the tub and onto the floor - time to end this post!

1 comments:

.:megs:. said...

Have a great girls weekend...gotta love those weekends! :)