Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, March 9, 2009

It has been a while....I don't know where the time goes...

Today I'm sitting a local coffee shop (no I don't drink coffee, so it's kind of ironic) while Tyler is in school. I'm watching it snow outside and it's very pretty. It's not heavy snow - really wet and it's not sticking to anything. It's still fun to watch though.

Life has been pretty busy, although, I'm not sure that we have anything super new and exciting to report. The kids are both busy with school, Eric and I are busy with the kids and work...and we try to have a little playtime on the weekends to balance it all out.

I can't believe it's March , and almost mid-March at that. I'm ready for the warmer weather...we just switched to Daylight Savings Time over the weekend, and I'm already enjoying the fact that it's lighter in the evening. Now, if it would just warm up so we could be outside more, that would rock!

So, I just have to wonder, and this is totally random, what in the world is up with Gov Kulongoski? I'm don't usually voice my political opinions too much, but he is really a thorn in my side right now, and yes, I voted for the man. Although, I didn't think he had very trustworthy eyes at the time, lol. Anyway, asking Teachers to take a pay cut, and asking State Gov't people to take a pay cut, furlough days, and cut back on health care. Seriously Gov...these are the peeps who work the hardest to make sure your programs are running smoothly - they are the peeps who are historically paid the lowest. Don't hit them where it hurts. I could go on and on and on about this - these actions he is trying to impose , they have really left a sour taste in my mouth.

As you may or may not know, I work for the gov't. I work for the Social Security Administration...we are a Federal Program, but the State actually gives me my paycheck - we are fully federally funded, but it's a state run program. Anywho-there is a chance that if these propositions go through, I will have some hours cut at work. Really, since I'm part time, it will not affect me too much - but it will freeze wages, and COLA's. For many people who work for the state, these cuts will bring them to below a poverty level - some people will be left making minimum wage, if that. I just wonder how the Gov can ask these dramatic cuts of people. Btw-you should know that he is taking a 7% pay cut himself. What he failed to mention is that he gave himself a 30% raise at the end of last year.

Ok, I'll stop now. But please, show your support for the teachers and the gov't employees - they need all the help they can get right now.

1 comments:

Danielle said...

isn't that so typical? take a 30% raise but advertise that you're giving yourself a 7% paycut yourself? goodness. hopefully he'll get his act in gear.

as far as d.s.t., i totally agree on the being warmer part. matt and i were just talking about that last night. how it was absolutely gorgeous and sunny outside after we finished dinner but it was bitter cold. one of these days we'll snap out of all the freezing weather!