Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, September 1, 2008

Labor Day

Labor Day weekend - ahhhhhh, the end of summer. It really felt like Fall this weekend. We had long sleeves and sweatshirts on almost every day.

Eric was out of town for the weekend, working at Bumpershoot. It was Mr. T & I all weekend. The weekend started off with bad colds for both of us. By Sunday we were up and able to get moving.

Sunday night Tyler and I had a date night. We ate pizza, had ice cream, played dominos, and Trouble. We also watched a Diego Movie, and had popcorn. I took a pic of Tyler eating his ice cream. Boy, was he in hog heaven!


Monday we braved the Riverfront park...and let me tell you, I had never seen so many people at the park or the Carousel. Tyler rode the Carousel 2 times, with Mom right beside him. He was pretty cute - when the carousel would start moving he'd yell "Giddy up horse." This went on for the entire ride. People were totally laughing at him (and so was I). It was cute to see him having such a great time.




After the rides, we took a picnic lunch into the park. Tyler and I decided to take a self portrait to mark the day!

School starts on the 15th for Tyler. I will once again have a couple of hours to myself every week. Hmmm, what to do with 2 hours to myself? The options seem endless at this point..shopping, running errands, exercising, going for breakfast, reading the newspaper, visiting with my Mom & my Grandma...I think I'm looking forward to school starting again, as I'm sure many parents are.
This has been a really good summer for our family. We survived another beach trip, Eric's birthday, Chloe's birthday, Tyler's birthday, our 5th wedding anniversary, a major wedding (and everything that goes along with a wedding), multiple bbq's, new bikes, our yard (it actually looked really good this year I thought, thanks to the extra rain), and many family/friend get- togethers. I hope that when the kids get older they look back on the summers with great memories. I think that's one thing as a parents we'd like for our children - I just hope that when the kids are in college & they are getting ready to come home for Thanksgiving that they will be bringing their friends to our house and telling them, "you are gonna love this place, it's great..."



0 comments: